Wednesday, December 3, 2008

They can't all be fabulous

I thought about not posting this card, but I need to post something and this is what I've got. I guess you can tell by the title and my opening sentence that I'm not in love with this card. I made this for this week's workshop wow. The theme was using ribbon in an unusual way, so I thought we should make ribbon roses. Easy peasy, just do a running stitch along the bottom of the ribbon and gather it up to make a flower. First I tried it with the So Saffron polytwill, and it just didn't work. I think the ribbon is too supple, so it wouldn't hold a good shape. Fortunately, I already had this Regal Rose flower made.
Then I wanted to try color blocking, which is one of the WICKED demo challenges this month. (If you're a demo, get over to SCS and check out Vera's challenges and samples; they are jaw-droppingly awesome!) I used my coluzzle to cut a circle out of the center of the Parisian Summer DSP then I cut the DSP into 4 equal pieces and attached them to Basic Black. It came out okay, I guess, but I think I can do better. I'll have to try it again.
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Heard from the Heart, Sanded, Tres Chic; Paper: Pink Pirouette, Basic Black, Parisian Summer DSP; Ink: Basic Black, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette; Accessories: Coluzzle, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, So Saffron brad, crafters tool kit, linen thread

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

simple = good!

Sharon Graham said...

I like it. But, I know what you mean. I definitely don't love all of my creations.