Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Quick card with retiring sets

First of all, I'm happy to report that I only have 8 sets that are retiring! Canvas and Floral are the ones that I'm sad to see go. Hopefully, SU will have some awesome new background stamps coming because they retired quite a few!
I needed to make a card to post for you because I've been stamping with stuff I can't show you yet. The card needed to be quick, so here's what I came up with. This only took about 10 minutes.
I started with Perfect Plum cardstock and stamped Floral on it using Basic Brown. Then I stamped an image from Take Three onto Very Vanilla using Perfect Plum and Chocolate Chip ink. So Saffron brads add pop to the flowers.
I used the horizontal slot punch to make an opening in the side of the card for the So Saffron polytwill ribbon. Instead of tying a knot, I cut a V in one edge and just wrapped the ribbon around the card, adhering both ends securely. I attached the focal image with dimensionals.
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Take Three, Floral; Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Perfect Plum; Ink: Chocolate Chip, Basic Brown, Perfect Plum; Accessories: So Saffron brads, horizontal slot punch, ticket corner punch, So Saffron polytwill ribbon
Happy stamping!

5 comments:

Ann said...

Love your color combo and LO! :D

Marilyn said...

Darling card! Love the background! Can't wait to see what you've been working on!

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to have new sets to play with and then have to wait to show our creations! I can't wait to see yours!

Great card, today. I love this set.

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Can't wait to see your new creations! I left another award for you and your great blog on mine!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Geez, that's pretty, Jana! Very nice.

TFS!

brandi