Monday, December 29, 2008

Great gift idea

I decorated this frame for my SIL, Angela, for Christmas. The photo is of her son (my nephew) Teddy "helping" my son Daniel play video games. Teddy just turned 4, and he is learning all kinds of interesting things from his cousin! Last year, he and Daniel watched a "bad guy movie" (James Bond) together, and he talked about it for weeks.
Anyway, this is a frame I got at the Target Dollar Spot a couple of years ago. I think it was Fathers Day when they had them, and I stocked up. They hold a 4X6 photo. I chose Muirfield DSP to cover the frame because I think it's very masculine. These 2 prints are on the same sheet, so I cut an 8X10 piece (I think) then cut it into 2 pieces with one a little bigger than the other. I flipped one piece over then adhered the 2 pieces together with a 1/2" overlap. I used Mono Multi adhesive to stick the paper to the frame. If you use this, let it sit a little and get tacky before really trying to adhere the paper; I found it didn't stick properly when I first applied it. To cut out the area for the photo, I traced the center opening onto the paper and then used a scissor to make a hole and cut inside the line I traced so I would have an edge to stick down. I added the Baja Breeze striped grosgrain ribbon to hide the seam in the paper.
Happy stamping!

5 comments:

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Such a nice gift to receive! I'm sure she loved it! I must try to alter a photo frame this year!

Kathy W said...

nothing like repurposing a dollar spot find, but the photo I am sure is more valuable.

Louise F NZ said...

Very cute idea, great pic too.

Ellen Pruett (aka Chipper) said...

Well you're right, it's a great gift idea! Great picture too!! You've been busy lately. Great projects!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Beautiful gift Jana! I'm sure she absolutely loved it :-)