Showing posts with label bisque pottery. Show all posts
Showing posts with label bisque pottery. Show all posts

Monday, May 16, 2011

Vintage distressed baby card

My pastor's wife is having a baby soon, and her baby shower is Wednesday.  This is the card I made.  It's not babyish, but the card's really for the mom, right?  She's having a girl, so I chose Blushing Bride as the main color.  I kept the rest of the card neutral so I could use it for this month's Creative Crew color challenge: neutral with a splash of color.
I also wanted the card to be distressed and vintage-y.  (Distressing is one of the other challenges this month, plus I just got the distressing kit and haven't used it yet.)  A month or so ago, I used Diana Gibbs' tutorial to create the piece on the bottom half of the card.  I think she called it Bisque Pottery.  You ink the emobssing folder with Crumb Cake and then run it through the Big Shot with vanilla cardstock in it.  Cool look isn't it?  The top piece is a retired DSP.  Sorry I don't remember the name.  It was just black and white, so I sponged it with Blushing Bride and then Crumb Cake.  Adding the Crumb Cake made all the difference!  Each of those 2 pieces is 1 7/8 X 5.  The black layer is 4 X 5 1/4, and the card base is Blushing Bride.
The black scalloped piece started out 1 1/2 X 5 1/2 before punching with the scallop border punch.  Then I used one of the files in the distressing kit to distress all of the scalloped edges.
For the flower, I ran First Edition DSP and Blushing Bride cardstock through the Big Shot.  Next, I sprayed each flower with water and crumpled them all up.  I let them sit about 5 minutes, and then I opened them up and dried them with the heat gun.  (Be careful!  They can burn; one of my DSP flowers is scorched, which you can see if you look closely.)  After they were dry, I used the solid stamp from the distressing kit to apply Blushing Bride ink to all of the flowers.  By rubbing it straight across each flower, it only hit the high spots, highlighting the wrinkles.  I layered them all together, adhering as I went so the flower would stay straight.  I used the paper piercer to punch a hole through the whole flower for the antique brad.  I used 2 pop up glue dots to adhere the flower to the card.
Below is a close-up of the flower that also has a good view of the bisque pottery technique.

Happy stamping!
Jana Signature