Wednesday, December 24, 2008

No more Christmas cards!

I don't know about you, but I am tired of Christmas cards! (Not receiving them, just making them.) So today I am posting a non-Christmas card. And I think I came up with something new all on my own! Whoohoo! (At least, I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet.)
I made a flower using the new Heart to Heart punch! It was easy-peasy.
I started with a 1" circle and 8 of the biggest heart from the new punch. I punched these from Parisian Summer DSP. I folded each one in half to give it some dimension and make it look a little more like petals. I adhered 4 of them by the tips using a dot of MonoMulti adhesive. I placed them at 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock and 9 o'clock, and I left a little space in the center.

Then I filled in the other 4. So easy! I added a filigree designer brad to the center.
The mellow moss piece of the card is faux suede. I crumpled it up and then ran it between my thumb and bone folder a bunch of times. Then I peeled the layers apart. Because it was such a big piece, it didn't pull apart in one big piece, but I was able to get it all apart. Then I stamped one of the Boho Backgrounds on it in So Saffron craft ink; it's really hard to see, but it's there! So Saffron polytwill and some hugs and kisses complete the card.
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Fundamental Phrases, Boho Backgrounds; Paper: Kraft, Mellow Moss, Very Vanilla, Parisian Summer DSP; Ink: Bravo Burgundy, So Saffron craft; Accessories: 1" circle punch, Heart to Heart punch, filigree designer brads, So Saffron polytwill ribbon, Styled Silver hodgepodge hardware, bone folder
Happy stamping!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clever Idea - thanks for sharing!

Kim Jenkins said...

Cute idea, I will have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy W said...

I agree, I love Christmas but nice to change up theme- this is way too clever to make flower out of heart punch. so casing this idea.