Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Christmas cards are done!

Here is the final result! I'm so happy with how they came out. And somehow it's a one layer card, which I usually have so much trouble making.
As you can see, it's similar to the card I made before. There are a couple of differences. First, I stamped the snowflake in white craft ink all around the edges for a more solid look; random just looked odd. Then for the focal image, I used the baby wipe technique just like on my gift card holder (same colors). But before I inked up the stamp, I inked it with VersaMark. Then I embossed the image with Irridescent Ice EP to add sparkle. You can use this technique to emboss with any classic ink; just ink with VersaMark first. The VersaMark won't hurt your classic ink pad in any way.
Here's a side view to show some of the sparkle!
Happy stamping!

3 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

These are beautiful, Jana! Love that you embossed with Irid Ice.

Marilyn said...

Love the sparkle to these cards - the receivers will be so honored to have received one of these lovely cards!!! Great job Jana!!

Anonymous said...

This is really nice! I'm sure everyone is happy to receive these wonderful cards!