Friday, December 26, 2008

December WICKED challenge card

First of all, I hope you all had a very merry Christmas! I certainly did, and that's why I'm so late posting today. I had planned to go visit family on Christmas eve and then come back on Christmas morning to take care of my dog. At the last minute, Daniel found someone who could take care of the dog for us, so I was able to stay until today.
I made this card using Vera's awesome sketch and color combo for the December WICKED demo challenge on SCS. It's a very unusual color combo: Basic Black, Always Artichoke, Bordering Blue and Tangerine Tango. I would have never thought of it myself, but I like the way it looks. The hardest part was finding some ribbon that I could use!
I used faux linen on the focal image: stamp your image on glossy cardstock, sand in 2 directions then lightly sponge on some color to emphasize the "threads" that you created by sanding. I cut out the image and mat with my Coluzzle. Please notice the dry embossing on the right side of the card! I just love the Floral Frenzy classy brass template, and the edge of it is the exact size of the short side of a standard card. Genius!
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Warm Words; Paper: glossy white, Basic Black, Bordering Blue; Ink: Always Artichoke, Tangerine Tango, Bordering Blue; Accessories: Coluzzle, black narrow grosgrain ribbon, sanding block, empressor, Floral Frenzy classy brass template
Happy stamping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great card. I like the dry embossing!