Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday Challenge # 9

This week's challenge is to make a monochromatic card. Just use shades of one color plus one neutral. If you upload to your SCS gallery, use keyword ISC09. Be sure to link back here to your gallery or blog!
A great way to get ideas for a monochromatic color scheme is to look at the SU Color Coach. On one side, there is a set of Dynamic Duos. That's how I chose Pumpkin Pie and Apricot Appeal plus white. There's not much stamping on this card. The background is Sanded stamped with Apricot Appeal craft ink and then heat set. The patterned paper is from the Level 1 Hostess Prints Pack (2 1/2" X 4"). I made 2 sets of scallops for the border using the scallop circle punch. (See this post for directions.) The flower is from the Die-cut Blooms in the Occasions Mini. I used a rub-on from A Perfect Day. (These are also in the Occasions Mini. The Die-Cut Blooms, A Perfect Day rub-ons, Summer Picnic paper and Tart & Tangy stamp set all coordinate. I love that!) I added some dimension to the flower with a felt flower from the Flower Fusion tin and a flowery brad from the Styled Sliver Hodgepodge Hardware. I tied on some Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain ribbon and added a row of rub-ons to the bottom of the card to finish it off.
Also, the layout is Beate's sketch for this weekend's challenge. She made the COOLEST accent for her card by gluing a half-pearl into the center of the flower ribbon slide. Check it out here.
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Sanded; Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Die-cut Blooms, Apricot Appeal Prints DSP; Ink: Apricot Appeal craft; Accessories: A Perfect Day rub-ons, Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain ribbon, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Flower Fusion Accents & Elements, Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for a great color challenge, my card is here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/865844?cat=500&ppuser=141637
great challenge, tfs

Anonymous said...

my other card is here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/865827?cat=500&ppuser=141637

Ellen Pruett (aka Chipper) said...

I like it lots and my dad would absolutely love it. I know it's Pumpkin Pie, but it looks like VOLS orange! Being from TN. my dad is a big UT fan and would love this! I may have to case for his birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

ooh so springy! Great job!

Beth said...

Beautiful! Great job combining challenges.