Tuesday, January 29, 2008

How to make a scalloped edge from the scallop circle punch

Here's a tutorial on how to make a scalloped edge from the scallop circle punch. As stated in my previous post, I did not invent this idea. I first saw it here on Mary Jo Albright's blog. Be sure to check out her blog as she has been going crazy with great punch ideas! When Mary Jo did hers, she cut out the center with paper snips. I am not that confident in my ability to cut it out straight! Then I saw on Patty's blog here that she used a circle punch to punch out the middle. That is more my speed! (Be sure to check out Patty's blog too! She has lots of new stuff from the catty.)First, punch a circle with the 1 3/8" circle punch.
Next, center the scallop circle punch over the hole and punch.
Snip it open in one spot.
Bend and manipulate the cardstock at each scallop to start straightening out the row.
Once you adhere it to the back of the other cardstock, you won't see all those little wrinkles. One strip is about 4 1/4" long.
Edited to add: Mary Jo Albright commented here with the following tip: "I have tried both techniques and found them both to work. If you try paper snips and cut really close, you won't have the breaks/little segments...it should lay flat in a straight line (just a little tip in my experimenting)."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

great idea!

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the additional tip.. thanks for the kind comments on my blog! :) Patty www.pattystamps.com

Kathy W said...

I saw this tip too, I still haven't tried it yet.

Stampin' Colleen said...

All SU! blog roll member: Ooooo.... that is so cleaver!! Can I CASE that idea!?!?!?!

Debbi said...

I've not seen this before. Wonderful Idea. Thanks for Sharing!

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet with your comment.
I have tried both techniques and found them both to work. If you try paper snips and cut really close, you won't have the breaks/little segments...it should lay flat in a straight line (just a little tip in my experimenting)
Have a wonderful evening:)

Wanda said...

Wonderful technique TFS

Anonymous said...

Cool technique, thanks!

Crystal said...

Great technique Jana! I'll be trying it this weekend!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Neat trick! I will have to try this too!