Sunday, January 13, 2008

My latest challenge card

Here's my card for Beate's weekend sketch challenge. (See yesterday's post for details) I also started out with the color combo challenge but added Soft Sky. I can't believe I added a fourth color! I usually have trouble incorporating more than 3 colors into a card, but for some reason the card in my head needed that 4th one. Also, please note that there is NO stamping on this card!
I started with white textured cardstock and swiped my Barely Banana spot in both directions over the whole card front. I colored the 2 flowers from my Pretties kit with my spots and used an aquapainter to even out the color. I let the flowers dry overnight. (You could use a heat gun to speed up the process, but be sure to hold them down or they'll blow away!) I used a green brad from the Ice set to hold the flowers together.
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: none; Paper: whisper white textured, Soft Sky Prints, Blue Bayou, Wild Wasabi; Ink: Barely Banana, Blue Bayou; Accessories: Ice Circle rhinestone brads, Soft Sky & Wild Wasabi double-stitched ribbon, pop up glue dots, photo corners punch

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, Jana!
Thanks so much for playing with the sketch.
Hugs and smiles

Lorien Clark said...

Jana you make my day! So I am giving you the You Make My Day Award!!!