Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's Shirley's birthday!



My MIL, Shirley is celebrating her birthday this weekend. I won't tell her age, but she looks great; you'd never guess how old she is! Anyway, Shirley does a little crafting but not a lot, so I can still give her stuff that I make. She does occasionally make cards, so I decorated this tin for her. Blue is her favorite color, so the Cutie Pie designer paper is perfect! I cut 2 inch strips of the lt blue and 2 1/2 inch strips of the stripe so they overlap just a little. I used matte Mod Podge to glue them down. The saffron ribbon is from Fairy Tale Ribbon Originals, and I put Bashful Blue narrow grosgrain around the lid. The ribbon is attached with mini glue dots. The felt flowers are from the new Flower Fusion Accents & Elements tin. Daniel actually picked out the flowers, put the brad in and stuck the flower to the tin with a pop-up glue dot! I'm going to put a supply of handmade cards in the tin for Shirley to use and enjoy.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

What a great gift! The felt flowers look so pretty!