Thursday, January 24, 2008

2008 planner cover

For the last 2 years, I've gotten the demonstrator planner that Stampin' Up offers. But they are no longer offering it. So I decided to create my own cover for the planner I have (I bought a new calendar for inside too.)
I used Going Gray textured cardstock and rounded the corners. I stamped the swirl from Baroque Motifs in Basic Gray and then again in Whisper White craft ink. I added some small flowers (also from Baroque Motifs) in Rose Red and Elegant Eggplant. I stamped the flower from Priceless in Basic Gray onto Rose Red and Elegant Eggplant cardstock then punched them out with the 5-Petal flower punch. I thought that was too dark, so I stamped the flower again in Whisper White. I used silver brads for the eggplant flowers and black brads for the rose red flowers. I wrote 2008 Planner with a Basic Gray marker. (Not crazy about how that came out, but I don't have a good alpha left. All of mine retired!)
I got the color combo from the Scraptitude website. It's not always working, but when it does, it's awesome! Be sure to check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this but will make a card instead.