Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Acrylic Post-it Note Holder


Sorry for the flash in the photo, but this picture is so much better than the other one without the flash!
If you've never made a post-it note holder, you've got to do it! They are so easy and fun. You start with a 4 X 6 acrylic picture frame. You can get them at Walmart or Target for about a dollar. Then put a 4 X 6 piece of patterned paper in it, stick some Post-It notes on it, embellish as desired, and you're done!
For this one, I used Almost Amethyst prints designer paper. I stamped the butterfly from Garden Whimsy directly onto the paper. I inked the whole stamp with Almost Amethyst then did the edges in Elegant Eggplant. After stamping, I used eggplant ink and a blender pen to go around the little circles on the wings. I stamped the greeting from Refuge and Strength in eggplant. I attached the notes using sticky strip. This is actually only 1/2 of a big pad in shades of purple that I found a while back at Walmart.
The pen is an RSVP pen. (That's the brand.) I just rolled up a piece of patterned paper and inserted it inside the barrel of the pen. The ink part of the pen is attached to the cap, so you just roll the paper around it and stick it back inside the pen. I tied eggplant ribbon around the cap of the pen and around the frame.
I can't wait to put this on my new desk when I start my new job on the 21st!

No comments: