Monday, January 28, 2008

What is a CASE?

A term you see used a lot in stamping is CASE. It stands for Copy And Share Everything. If you CASE a card or other project, you definitely want to give credit to the original artist. It is also good etiquette to change SOMETHING so you aren't totally copying.
One of my favorite artists is Debbie Olson. I decided it would be fun to CASE one of her cards and send it to her as a thank-you. I looked over some of her recent posts and chose this card to CASE. I decided to choose a card that didn't use SU stamps so that I could make more of a change to the card. I kept her color combo and sketch. It was really fun, and I hope she likes the card!
(BTW, I made the scalloped border using the scallop circle punch. I did not come up with this idea. But I will take some photos and post them later so you can see how it was done.)
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Priceless, Taggers Dozen; Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink; Ink: Pretty in Pink (craft), Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip; Accessories: Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain ribbon, 1 1/4 & 1 3/8 & scallop circle punches, Fresh Favorites buttons

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the colors on this!!!!

Kathy W said...

I agree great combo, and explanation of case!
found you on SU blog roll,looking forward to visiting.
Kathy
kraftinwithkathy.blogspot.com

Trini said...

Found you on the blog roll can't wait to see more. Very cute card!

Crystal said...

Very cute Jana!