Saturday, March 8, 2008

Saturday Challenge # 6

This week, the challenge is a little different. Find a card that you've made that you really like, and make the card again but totally change ONLY the color combo.

On the far left is a card that I made at the end of October at my up-up-upline, Sandi's. It's so pretty! The color combo is Naturals Ivory, Blue Bayou and Close to Cocoa. One day, I looked at the card and suddenly thought that I'd love to make it at a workshop, but I don't have the Blue Bayou ribbon. I started thinking about the ribbon that I have. Thanks to my NEW downline, Rhonda, I have a nice long piece of the Pomegranate ribbon, and Purely Pomegranate and Basic Gray is one of my favorite color combos! I thought Shimmery White would make it really elegant.
So I made the card, but the Pomegranate seemed a little too much. (That's the middle card.) I tried again, using Basic Gray for the sponging. It turned out great! Even though the card is the same, it has a much different look just because of the change in color. I was thinking this card would also look great using some of the other stamps in Priceless, especially the heart!
Happy stamping!

9 comments:

Diane said...

They are all beautiful!!!

Debbi said...

They are all soo great. I've struggled with that background, but it works perfect on this card!!

Sandi Berg said...

Wow! I love all 3!

Anonymous said...

love this idea!!!

Ellen Pruett (aka Chipper) said...

well, that was smart! Love all three.

Marilyn said...

These are so pretty - this background looks wonderful!

JenMarie said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!

Trini said...

They are ver pretty.

Jennie Skaggs said...

These are gorgeous...I love how you played around with them. I can see what you are saying...but I agree..they are all gorgeous. Jennie