Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend Sketch Challenge card



Here's the card I made for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. I needed a baby card this week, a rarity for me! One of my co-workers had a baby boy. I decided to use the Cutie Pie paper for the background; I used the white gel pen to add fake stitching. I don't have many baby stamps, so that choice was easy. I love this set from last year's spring mini; it's one of the few I kept that isn't current. Since I use the stampin' spots, it's easy to ink just one line at a time. I debated between using buttons or build-a-brads, but I thought the buttons would add more color. The rub-ons were so easy to put onto the buttons; just adhere the buttons first. The rub-ons even went right over the holes!

Supplies (all SU): Stamps: That's Nice; Paper: Shimmery White, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Rose Red, So Saffron, Cutie Pie DSP; Ink: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Rose Red, So Saffron; Accessories: white gel pen, cutter kit, blue gingham ribbon, Soft Subtles buttons, Love & Happiness rub-ons, double hole punch

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

Love how you put the rub ons on the buttons - now that is a cool trick! Great card for the sketch!!

Anonymous said...

how clver-I love the rubbed buttons!!

Emily said...

Ohh, so cute!! Love the Rub-ons! TFS!

Kathy W said...

liked what you came up with!

JenMarie said...

LOVE this!

Stacey said...

Great job with the sketch! Love all those colors and patterns together.

Michelle said...

Very nice! Love what you've done with this card!

Debbi said...

What a super cute card!! What great colors and I loved how you colored each section different!