Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Amazingly, I have a green card to post today. It's a total coincidence and pretty surprising, since I don't use green that often.

I've been wanting to try the split negative technique for a while, and I finally did it! I'm also working on an eggplant one that I hope to finish and post later this week. For directions on the split negative technique, I refer you to Lori Craig's fabulous tutorial here. As she states, the key to success is cutting the cardstock the same size as your stamp block.

I have to admit that I'm not 100% thrilled with this card. The reason is that the celery craft ink and celery cardstock don't match. Yes, I know they coordinate, but this is one instance where I want matching! So I'm only 99% thrilled with the card.

Just a few details for you. The card base is 8 X 5 1/4, folded in half. It's mounted onto a 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 piece of Certainly Celery cardstock. The black cardstock is textured.

Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Hugs & Wishes; Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Basic Black textured; Ink: Whisper White & Certainly Celery craft; Accessories: clear EP, white EP, scallop circle punch, ticket corner punch, vintage brads, Certainly Celery narrow grosgrain ribbon

Later this week, I hope to post the eggplant card as well as some cards I've received in the mail lately. Happy stamping!

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

Beautiful card - love the contrast and the embossing detail - I think you should be 100% pleased - it looks wonderful!!

Ellen Pruett (aka Chipper) said...

Oh, I just love this. It's beautimous!

Trini said...

This card is wonderful! Great colors!

Anonymous said...

ooh so cute-love how it all lined up with Baroque Motifs! The center medallion is great!

Debbie Olson said...

Great job on the split negative technique; I think it works well for you here!

Vickie said...

Great split negative card!! Great job!! Very pretty card!

Kathy W said...

great card and technique, I forget about using this set and I loved it when I first go it.

Unknown said...

I just love this card!!!! You did a great job on it!!!