Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sour cream container


Remember when you'd get a baked potato in a restaurant and they'd bring you a cute little triangular container of sour cream? Well, that's what this is based on! Isn't it adorable? It would be a great party favor. It could hold candy or even $50 gold pieces as Carol Duvall always says. It's very easy to make and doesn't even use a lot of materials. You can find Beate's fabulous tutorial here, but I'll tell you how I made mine too.
Beate's tutorial calls for 1/4 sheet of cardstock. I used a 4 X 6 piece of designer paper so I could get 6 from one 12 X 12 sheet. I used sticky strip to close it into a tube. Then I used sticky strip again to close each end and used the crimper 2 turns on each one. To get the authentic sour cream container look, the sealed ends should be turned 90 degrees from each other.
I like Beate's tip on putting the sticky strip on before closing up the tube, although it was not too hard to apply the sticky strip afterwards. She also has a pretty acetate one at the end of the tutorial.
It would be very easy to make a lot of these!
Supplies (all SU):
Stamps: Priceless, So Many Scallops; Paper: Whisper White, So Saffron, Rose Red, Cutie Pie; Ink: Bashful Blue, Wild Wasabi, white craft; Accessories: crimper, retired ribbon, scallop circle punch, 1 1/4 & 1 3/8 circle punches

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Aren't these fun!! They make great party favors - I'm thinking - what about treats for my son's easter treats for his class - so thanks for sharing and inspiring!!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

I just made a bunch of these too. Quick and easy. I like the colors in yours!

Sandi Berg said...

I always wondered why they were called sour cream containers! LOL

This is adorable! Great job!!!