Monday, August 20, 2007

Holiday Mini swap card





I freely admit that I'm a liar. I said that I would stamp and post yesterday, and I did neither. I was still pooped from Higher Ground, so I sat on my couch and napped and read and stuffed my face with leftover kettle corn.

But my swap has to be mailed out on Wednesday, so I am back at work. I signed up for the Autumn Leaves wheel. It's hard to design a project around a wheel, but I love this little gift card holder. It's just an envelope folded in half. You cut off the left half of the flap and adhere the right half. This creates a pocket on the left side for the gift card. The gift card goes further down into the pocket, but I pulled it out so you could see it in there. I used the slot punch along the folded edge to help hold the ribbon in place. You can also do an extra-large envelope and put a seed packet inside. I did that back when SU had the really cute dandelion set and matching wheel; it was perfect! Maybe Garden Whimsy would work for that too; I really want that set!

Supplies (all SU): Stamps: True Friend, Autumn Leaves wheel; Inks: Chocolate Chip, Garden Green; Paper: Naturals Ivory, Chocolate Chip; Acc: Very Vanilla med envelope, Very Vanilla narrow grosgrain, wheel guide, ticket corner punch, slot punch

1 comment:

College Girl said...

I really like this gift card holder! Could we do it in one of our group meetings?
Pauline