Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Cutie Pie card



I am loving this Cutie Pie designer paper! Those little triangle photos in the catalog don't do it justice. I made this card for a demonstrator challenge to use a designer paper and coordinating colors only. I just love this pinwheel-style flower. I saw it on Pat Huntoon's blog: http://patstamps.blogspot.com . She shows lots of awesome techniques; in fact, she publishes a newsletter called Technique Junkies, which I highly recommend.

Anyway, the petals are made from the small tag punch. (You can use the regular tag punch but use 7 instead of 8.) To make each petal, you just fold the left side over to meet the right and then fold that piece back on itself. I used the ticket corner punch on all of the paper pieces and highlighted the corners on the bashful blue piece with gel pen dots. The flower and brad from the Pretties kit covers up the messy center!

Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Birthday Hugs and Wishes; Paper: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Rose Red, Cutie Pie designer paper; Ink: Rose Red; Accessories: ticket corner punch, Pretties kit, cutter kit, Fairy Tale ribbon originals, white gel pen, small tag punch

No comments: