Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Chalkboard Technique

This card uses the chalkboard technique. To do this, start with dark cardstock (such as black or navy). Stamp your solid image with white craft ink then dab chalk over the whole image until it's covered solidly. I used a cotton swab. Be sure to dab and not rub or the design may smear. Then stamp your outline image on top in white craft ink and heat set. You could also outline the image with the white gel pen. It's that simple! So get those chalks out and give it a try.
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Pick A Petal, Double Line Doodles; Paper: Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Lavender Lace, Night of Navy; Inks: whisper white craft, Night of Navy; Accessories: Stampin' Pastels, word window punch
I've created a Word document with a diagram and directions for the lip balm holder, but I can't post it here. If you would like a copy, please e-mail me, and I'll send it to you. I also want to thank Renee Ondrajka, who posted the original diagram that I altered.

No comments: