Monday, July 30, 2007

Lip Balm Holder





When I saw this lip balm holder on SCS, I thought of my MIL, Shirley, right away because she sells Avon. I think this is just adorable! (Goodness, I'm starting to sound like JanTInk! LOL) I did have to fiddle with the pattern to fit this lip balm, but I did not give up! I persisted through 3 failed attempts, and I didn't even throw anything! And I used some of my brand-new purty ribbon and paper instead of hoarding it. Now that I have made one AND made notes on my measurements, I think it would be fairly easy to make multiples of this. Of course, the cuts on the inside to hold the lip balm are the tricky part. I have never drawn a sketch on the computer, but I will try to do this and post it in case you want to make one. In case you are wondering, the dimensions of the front are 4" tall and 2 3/8" across, and the spine measures 3/4". I thought the saying was very appropriate!
Would you make one of these if you had a template to follow? Let me know by e-mail or comment!
Supplies (all SU unless noted): Stamps: Polka Dots & Petals, Polka Dots & Paisley, Be Happy; Paper: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Cutie Pie designer paper; Inks: Bashful Blue, Regal Rose; Accessories: Fairy Tale Ribbon Originals, lip balm (Avon)

No comments: