Saturday, July 14, 2007

Simple but Pretty



How often do I ever make a no-layer card? Never! But I recently did a trade with Lori Bohler, a demo in Crookston, and she sent me a gorgeous yet simple thank you card. Thanks, Lori! Her card used Delight in Life from the last SAB, and it was Rose Red. I decided to use a current set and some shade of purple. (I went way out on a limb with that color choice! LOL) I'm so happy that Bud Basics and its matching jumbo wheel made the new catty! Using the jumbo wheel and the stamps to fill in makes covering a large area so easy. The next time I make this card, I think I'll stamp the sentiment first and then stamp around it. I might also use a darker color for the outline and sentiment, using a 2 step color combo from the color wheel.

Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Bud Basics, Hugs & Wishes; Paper: Naturals White; Ink: Lavender Lace

Another parent posted that her daughter called today. It hit 100 degrees in Salzburg today, and their hotel has no air conditioning. Ick!

I spent the afternoon getting the stuff ready for Mama's workshop, so I can get it in the mail. (She lives in Georgia. Hi, Mama!) My group here is meeting on Monday, so I have to prepare for that too. Guess that means I should decide what that last project is going to be!

By the way, if you have any questions or suggestions on what you'd like to see here, feel free to e-mail me or comment!

No comments: