Friday, July 3, 2009

Interlocking medallion card

A few weeks ago, I found this awesome card on my friend Qbee's blog. She was kind enough to allow me to use it for a Workshop Wow challenge. Her awesome directions are here.
I wanted my card to be masculine, so I chose To the Nines DSP and the Boho Backgrounds set. My color combo is Kraft, Chocolate Chip and Dusty Durango. I stamped the medallion 4 times: twice on Kraft with Dusty Durango ink and twice on Dusty Durango with Chocolate Chip ink. I punched out the Kraft images with the scallop circle punch and the Dusty Durango ones with the 1" circle punch for layering. I sponged Dusty Durango ink onto the DSP and Chocolate Chip ink onto the medallions and the sentiment.
Here's what the card looks like opened. Try being creative in what you use for the medallion. My friend Susie Nelson used a bear!
Happy stamping!

3 comments:

Debbi said...

I love this fold and those new colors!

Lisa Hensley said...

totally loving this color combination!

PattyB said...

Jana I just wanted to say I love this card and I so appreciate everything you do for me! I've left you a blog award on my blog I hope you'll accept it :)