Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Another 3-D Card

Here is another 3-D card. We'll be making this at my next workshop. For this card, I used one piece of cardstock for the inside. I started with a piece of Naturals Ivory 3 3/4 X 7 1/2. I stamped the horse in Soft Suede. I started at the right then just kept stamping off to the left to show movement. Then I stamped a horse on another piece of cardstock, cut it out and adhered it with dimensionals. For the background, I used JanTInk's moonlighting technique. I punched a 1 1/4" circle from a Post-It note. I used the hole in the post-it as a stencil to sponge the sun in So Saffron. Then I used the punched piece to mask that circle. I added color in the following order: More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust and Close to Cocoa. Then I scored the cardstock at 3 3/4 and adhered it to the inside of the 3-D card. I put the adhesive on the Soft Suede piece--the left side and the top triangle of the scored side that folds in. That way, the inside piece will stay flat with no score line when the card is folded closed.
Happy stamping!

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

gorgeous, great sponging- so have to get off my butt and make one of these

Marilyn said...

This is an awesome card Jana - love how you made the horse look like he was running - thanks for highlighting a great technique!