Monday, July 20, 2009

Getting Back in the Swing of Things

Sorry I didn't post on Friday! Life has been a bit crazy the last few weeks, and I haven't been stamping much.
To get back in the swing of stamping, I decided to make a 3X6 card which fits into a small open-ended envelope. I started with a 6X6 piece of Melon Mambo textured cardstock. TIP: I like using the textured cardstock when I'm making a quick card because it adds visual interest without any extra work.
I inked up the flower from Best Wishes and More with Melon Mambo ink and used a sponge dauber to add some Rich Razzleberry around the edge. I stamped 3 of these and punched them out with the 1 3/8" circle punch. Next I used the scallop circle punch to punch out 3 Melon Mambo circles and 3 Rich Razzleberry circles. I placed the Rich Razzleberry circles behind the Melon Mambo ones and turned them so you can see the scallops of both circles. Some Rich Razzleberry ribbon and a sentiment complete the card.
Happy stamping!

3 comments:

Kathy W said...

fun card, like just the touch of razzleberry on melon- pretty

Kim Jenkins said...

Quick and cute, I love it. The new in colors are great.

Lisa Hensley said...

Love the monochromatic look of this!