Saturday, December 29, 2007

Holiday Planner





I made this holiday planner for my MIL, Shirley. She asked if I was trying to tell her she needed to be more organized (as if I, of all people, could suggest that!), but I really just thought she would like it. She's the kind of person who actually keeps all of her receipts in an envelope, and she writes out her holiday menus.

I got the idea from JanTInk here on her blog, and she originally got the idea from Blue Moon Stamping here. I've also seen ones that have been made into information for babysitters. The possibilities go on and on!

For mine, I used the leftovers from the Winter Bright SS kit that I used to make my Christmas cards. I do have a tip for you for scoring and folding the folder into the 4 pockets. Make the two outer pockets slightly smaller (In mine, that would be List and Calendar pockets.). I found that by scoring exactly in half, it didn't close properly and bulged a little. I used the five-in-one envelope template from SU to make the receipt envelope.

Hopefully, I will be doing some stamping today. I have 2 sets that have not even seen ink yet!

1 comment:

Diane said...

That's a wonderful idea!! Looks awesome!!!