Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Yesterday, I was able to get all of my Christmas projects done. Hooray! I'm usually very last-minute (like with my mom's present last week!), so it felt good to get them done. Of course, I did put off wrapping everything today, but nobody's perfect, right?

I feel pretty safe posting this gift for my SIL because I don't think she reads my blog. This frame started life in the dollar spot at Target (see photo below). Quite a difference! I decided to use the Apple Cider designer paper because I wanted something masculine to go with the photo of my nephews, and also because Loretta's favorite color is green so I knew Wild Wasabi would be perfect. I measured the frame and then cut the two pieces of paper. To cut out the inside part of the paper, here's a great tip that I got from Emily Giovanni's tutorial on SCS: Take out the paper and glass from the frame opening. Then lay the frame upside down over the paper and trace the opening to make the perfect template for you to cut. I used sticky strip to adhere the Wild Wasabi double-stitched ribbon.
To all of you who are so faithful to read my blog, thank you! I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! I'll be back in a couple of days to show some more projects I've gotten done.


No comments: