Sunday, November 18, 2007

Winter Bright Christmas cards

This year, I'm using the Winter Bright Simply Scrappin' Kit to make my Christmas cards. This kit is so pretty! It comes with 8 sheets of 12X12 textured cardstock, 6 sheets of double-sided designer paper, and 6 6X12 sheets of stickers. The stickers are shimmery! Here are the 6 cards I've made so far. I was really tired when I was making these on Friday night, so I fell back on my standard card I make. But I'll be CASE-ing some of Caroline's cards from her blog too: www.craftincaro.ca . She also decorated a tin to match. By cutting the cardstock at 4 X 11, I can get 3 cards from each sheet of cardstock for a total of 24. However, I'll be saving some of my supplies for another project. I can't say what it is because the recipient reads this blog!
Here is a close-up of a border I made using the retired small corner rounder punch. I got this from Cambria's blog; her aunt was the one who came up with this great idea! I tried to take photos but couldn't get good ones today. I'll try again some other time. Basically, you take the guard off the punch. Then you punch one scallop on the piece of cardstock. To make the next scallop, line up the cardstock edge with the edge of the V inside the punch. Like I said, I'll do my best to get some good pictures later. Right now, I need to finish the 20 lip balm holders I'm making for my MIL, the Avon lady. (Hi, Shirley!) I'll post the photo and directions when they are finished.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

I love this set! I bought it and held a Christmas 6 x 6 stamp camp. There is enough stuff left over that I started making cards with it too. Love some of your layouts.
http://stampingwiththeresa.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Nice Card Jana! I love how that border turned out!

Crystal said...

Those are all such cute cards Jana!