Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Christmas ornaments!

If you want to make Christmas ornaments, now is the time! Not only is it November, but Stampin' Up! is helping with the Paper Party promotion. Buy 3 packages of Designer paper and get the 4th for free!
Here are 4 ornaments that I made recently. In the upper left is the scallop circle ornament I posted a few days ago. In the lower left is a paper star. It's made from a 6" square of Apple Cider paper scored at every inch. Fold accordion-style and staple in the center. Cut each end off at a diagonal, and open up the star, adhering the two edges together with sticky strip. Julie has a video tutorial here: http://paperpleasing.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/10/ive-gone-live.html I will try to make a photo tutorial later this week as well. The 2 ornaments on the right are from the On Board Trimmings chipboard set from the Holiday Mini Catalog. For the circle, I used Ruby Red craft ink to color the front and edges. Then I traced the circle onto the Dashing paper, cut out the circle, and adhered it to the back of the ornament using SU Anywhere glue stick. I punched the hole for the string with the Cropadile. The snowflake is the piece punched out of the center of the circle. I covered it with Bashful Blue craft ink. Then I sprinkled it with Irridescent Ice embossing powder and melted the embossing powder with the heat tool. Again, I used the Cropadile for the hole.

No comments: