Saturday, October 20, 2007

Weekend Sketch Challenge Revisited



After I finished my spotlighting card and posted it last night, I realized that I didn't follow the sketch! (*blushing and smacking forehead*) The horizontal piece is not supposed to go all the way across the card base. So I decided to give it another try and actually FOLLOW the sketch this time.
I started with the idea that I wanted to use the chocolate chip satin ribbon as a mat. And I wanted to use guava. The scraptitude color combo website isn't working, so I pulled up my 2007-8 Color Combo chart from Stampin' Up. (If you don't have this chart, send me an e-mail, and I will e-mail you a copy.) I found a combo with Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron and Close to Cocoa. I substituted Chocolate Chip for the cocoa.
I stamped the flower from Looks Like Spring twice onto So Saffron cardstock, once each in Groovy Guava and Chocolate Chip. I cut them both out (this is really easy if you use paper snips) and used the CropADile to put a jumbo eyelet in the center. Helpful tip: The CropADile works best if you actually follow the directions that come with it! Then I put a rhinestone brad in the center of the eyelet. I did not come up with this idea myself; I've seen it lately on SCS. Whoever thought of it is a genius!
For the horizontal piece, I used the argyle stamps from Looks Like Spring. I used the Stampamajig to line them up. I cut the satin ribbon in half and adhered it to the top and bottom of the cardstock. When I tied the Wild Wasabi ribbon around the horizontal piece, I made sure it was loose enough that the satin ribbon would stay flat. I put a little adhesive under the Wild Wasabi ribbon so it would lay flat also.
I don't like this card as much as the spotlighting card. It looked better in my head! But I did follow the sketch this time.
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Looks Like Spring, True Friend, Canvas; Paper: Confetti White, So Saffron, Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi; Ink: Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi; Accessories: paper snips, CropADile, pewter jumbo eyelets, Ice circle rhinestone brads, mini glue dots, Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, Wild Wasabi double-stitched ribbon, ticket corner punch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This card is GORGEOUS!