Friday, October 26, 2007

One Layer Card

The Ways to Use It challenge on SCS yesterday was masking. I decided to do a one layer card using reverse masking. I am not a one-layer-kind of gal! Anyway, reverse masking is where you have an open area in the middle instead of a regular mask where you cover up one specific item. Luckily, I already had a piece of cardstock that I had cut an oval out of the center using the Coluzzle. I used Confetti White cardstock for my base, and I decided to use Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke and Bravo Burgundy for my color combo so I could use my new Always Artichoke ribbon. My plan was to tie the ribbon around the card up against the fold. However, I forgot to center my oval on the cardfront, so when I sponged in the ink, the oval was to the left of center. To fix that, I cut a little of the right side off and used the corner rounder (with the guard off) to make the scalloped edge. I stamped the image from Stem Silhouettes in all 3 colors, using the stamp twice for each color without reinking. The Sahara Sand image looks like a shadow!
Since I couldn't tie the ribbon at the fold, I had a hard time deciding what to do with it. I finally just made a small bow and adhered it at the base of the oval with a mini glue dot.
The one unfixable mistake was the sponging along the side of the card. I wanted to emphasize the fact that the right edge was scalloped, but I had to sponge too much to fill in all of the scalloped area.
Overall, though, I'm happy with the card! If you make a one layer card, post a link here so I can check it out!
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Stem Silhouettes, Fundamental Phrases; Paper: Confetti White; Ink: Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy; Accessories: sponge, Always Artichoke narrow grosgrain, Coluzzle, retired corner rounder punch

No comments: