Monday, August 1, 2011

August Creative Crew challenge card #1

Here's the card I made for Ray for our 6-month anniversary.  It fulfills two of the August Creative Crew challenges: to use the paper-piercing tool and to use colors from Pocketful of Posies DSP.  I chose Rich Razzleberry, Early Espresso, Baja Breeze and Pear Pizzazz.
I stamped the images from Inspired by Nature onto Baja Breeze cardstock then embossed it with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I used the ticket corner punch on that layer and the Early Espresso mat.  I stamped the flowers again onto Baja Breeze, cut out the big flower and popped up the image over the embossed piece; I got this idea from Renee at Stamping for Sanity.
The sentiment is from a retired Mini set called In a Word.  I used two different markers to highlight the word "us".  For the ribbon, I cut a slit in the Razzleberry ribbon to feed through the other end then tied it off with Early Espresso narrow taffeta ribbon.
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

No comments: