Monday, August 22, 2011

Card for my hubby

I made this card for Ray to thank him for putting up with me!  I had a stressful week at work, and he's a big part of how I got through it.  The stamped image is from the retired set Totally Tool.  I've had it for a while, but this is the first time I've inked it up.  It's perfect for Ray because he loves tools AND puns!  I used my brand-new Spice Cake DSP and Early Espresso quilted satin ribbon from the upcoming Holiday Mini.  I pulled the color combo right from the paper.  The cardbase is Soft Suede with a Pool Party layer under the DSP.  I stamped the image on watercolor paper.  The tape measure is More Mustard with Pool Party for the background and a line of Soft Suede under the tape measure to add dimension.  I used a silver gel pen (non-SU) to color in the tape measure case.  My favorite ticket corner punch is used on all of the layers.
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

1 comment:

Bev Gerard said...

That retractable tape would be a great image for cards for my dh as well. Yours will surely appreciate it.

~Bev