Monday, November 30, 2009

Altering DSP

When I saw the Night and Day DSP in the Holiday Mini, I was really excited. Why? Because I knew I'd be able to change it up to be any color I wanted! All it takes is a sponge and a little ink. I used it to make the thank-you notes shown above. The cardbase is Naturals White cut at 5 1/4" X 4". The DSP is 3 3/4" X 5". Each cardbase is backed by a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" piece of cardstock (Basic Black on the top card, Crushed Curry on the bottom card). After I cut the DSP to size, I just sponged on Crushed Curry ink using a swirling motion. I went over it a couple of times until I got the amount of color I wanted. Then I used the ticket corner punch on it. The sentiment is from a 2007 SAB set, Happy Harmony; it's stamped in black StazOn on naturals white then punched with the 1 3/8" circle punch. The sentiment is adhered to a designer label punched in the same color that backs the cardbase.
I made 9, super simple to make lots of these!
Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

OMG moment, I am so going to do this!

Cheryl said...

Lovely! I especially like the top one although both are very striking.

Thank you for your help on Splitcoast. Have a great day.