Monday, November 16, 2009

Eyelet Border Card

I have to admit that life has been so hectic lately that I haven't been inspired to stamp much. Today, I was cleaning off my computer desk, and I saw a Stampin' Success magazine. I leafed through it for inspiration, and I found a card with a layer that used the eyelet border all the way around it. How did I miss it before? I decided that I had to try it right away.
Just like in the magazine, I started with a 3 13/16" square of cardstock. On one side, center the punch, and punch the border on the entire side. (You should end in the middle of a hole on both ends.) Then turn the cardstock 90 degrees. Line up the cardstock so the last hole in the last full scallop you just punched is the first hole in the scallop you are about to punch. (See the picture below.) Repeat this on the remaining sides. Yes, the holes actually did line up in the end! TIP: When you start to punch each side, turn the punch over and make sure the cardstock is lined up straight in relation to the ledge where the cardstock normally rests on the front.
The finished piece was about 3 3/8" square. I matted it on a 3 5/8" square of Going Gray. The Crushed Curry cardstock inside it is 2 1/2" square. On that piece I stamped the flowers from Inspired by Nature with Versamark and embossed with clear EP. Then I stamped the grass in Going Gray. The ink just wipes right off the embossing.
On the Crushed Curry cardbase, I stamped my new Medallion background twice then tied on a piece of Basic Gray taffeta ribbon.

This is my first attempt at making the corner, and I didn't line up the holes correctly!
Let me know if you want a photo tutorial for making this border. If I get some requests, I'll try although I'm not sure how the pictures will turn out.
Jana Signature

2 comments:

Debbi said...

I can never get these corners right! Yours turned out great!!

Kathy W said...

thanks Jana, you always inspire me to try some new things