Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Christmas punch card

For this week's workshop wow, we are using punches. The border on my card is made using the slit punch. (That's the one punches a U.) I started with a 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 piece of Handsome Hunter cardstock. On one long side, I pushed the slit punch in as far as it would go, centered it side to side and punched it. Then I punched all along the cardstock in each direction, eyeballing how far apart they would be. Once the row is punched, the cardstock will naturally fold back easily. This shortens the piece of cardstock by 3/4". My card base is standard-sized Real Red with 3/4" cut off the front. Then I just adhered the Handsome Hunter piece to the Real Red cardfront.
Supplies (all SU):
Stamps: Itty Bitty Backgrounds; Paper: Shimmery White, Real Red, Handsome Hunder, Christmas Cocoa DSP; Ink: VersaMark; Accessories: ornament punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, slit punch, Merry & Bright rub-ons, Mistletoe ribbon originals, silver marker

Happy stamping!
Jana Signature

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

I always wanted to know how to do that with a slit punch, have to get some time to play around with it