Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas ornament

For this week's workshop wow challenge, we are making Christmas ornaments with bonus points for using chipboard. I think chipboard is a natural material to use for ornaments because it has enough weight to hang nicely. The only current chipboard I have is Timeless Type, so I decided to make mine a monogram.
I saw this ornament made by Shelli Gardner herself on an episode of Paper Paint and Crafts this past weekend. She had a chipboard star on the front of hers. The back piece is a 4" circle of Real Red textured cardstock. The pleated circle is made from Christmas Cocoa DSP. It's a little hard to see in the photo, but the paper has a bit of shimmer to it. To make this piece, I cut two 1 1/2" strips of the paper and scored them every 3/8". I fan folded them and adhered the 2 pieces together. Then you turn it so it lays flat and push it together. You have to hold it together to get it to stick to the base. I put 3 pieces of Sticky Strip on the red circle to hold it in place.
The chipboard is covered with Handsome Hunter craft ink and embossed with Irridescent Ice EP. I also used Sticky Strip to adhere the letter to the pleated circle. Now all I need to do is punch a small hole and add some gold cord to hang it.
Sorry for the sporadic posting! Life is very hectic these days plus I've been working on my mom's Christmas present which I can't show you yet because she reads my blog. (Hey Mama!) I'll try to get it posted for Monday as she'll have her gift by then. I also just got my SAB and Occasions Mini preorder today. Hopefully I can stamp a quick project to post for Friday. I'll do my best!
Happy stamping!

Jana Signature

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

great job on Challenge, this is a fun one