Friday, January 2, 2009

Love You Much swap card

Happy 2009! Hope you all had a safe holiday.
Here is the card I made for a Love You Much swap. We had to use all 3 elements of the Love You Much bundle (stamp set, DSP, punch) and have at least 3 layers.
The card base is Close to Cocoa with a 2 1/2" piece of Riding Hood Red on top. I stamped it with Itty Bitty Backgrounds using VersaMark. Then I punched the Heart to Heart punch in the right corner of the red layer only. I then punched a piece of Candy Lane DSP and used 2 way glue to adhere the 2 larger hearts into the openings on the red cardstock. I used the white gel pen to outline the 3rd heart punch. I covered the seam on the card with Pink Pirouette striped grosgrain ribbon.
For the focal image, I cut a 2 3/4" square of Chocolate Chip textured cardstock and used the scallop border punch on all 4 sides. I did the same thing to a 2 1/2" square of Very Vanilla to get the top layer. I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to center the stamped image onto the Very Vanilla layer. I stamped the same stamp onto more Candy Lane DSP using Riding Hood Red ink and then cut out the bird bodies and adhered them onto the Very Vanilla piece. It's amazing how much dimension that adds IRL!
The thing I like about this card is that I used the DSP in unusual ways. I'm trying to think outside the box more. Hopefully, I'll be able to do that with layouts too! LOL
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Love You Much, Itty Bitty Backgrounds; Paper: Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip textured; Candy Lane DSP; Ink: Riding Hood Red, VersaMark; Accessories: Heart to Heart punch, scallop border punch, white gel pen, Pink Pirouette striped grosgrain ribbon
Happy stamping!

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

I haven't tried the technique with scallop punch, but love layering you did too.

Covered In Crafts said...

That's beautiful!!