Monday, January 19, 2009

CASEing the new catalog

I CASEd this card from the front cover of the catalog. The layout and the colors are the same, but the stamp set is TOTALLY different. I pulled out Baroque Motifs. For a while, everyone was using it, and now you hardly see it anymore.
The card base is So Saffron 4 1/4" X 11" scored at 5 1/2". Then I used the scallop border punch on the edge. I took a piece of Almost Amethyst 4 1/4" wide and used the same punch. Then I cut the scallop piece off at 1 1/4" and layered it under the saffron scallops. I cut a piece of Certainly Celery to 4 1/4" X 4 1/2". I stamped the swirl in Certainly Celery and added 4, yes 4 (!) lavender rhinestone brads. I adhered it to the cardfront. A piece of So Saffron grosgrain ribbon (from the upcoming SAB catalog) covers both seams. The final touch is the sentiment stamped and embossed in white.
This card is for my friend and co-worker, Alyssa. We started as trainers on January 21 last year, so Wednesday is our anniversary! Alyssa loves purple too, so I decided to splurge with the brads for her.

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

great case! I agree baroque almost got overdone, but does make a great background

Laura Brown said...

Very pretty! I know what you mean about not seeing Baroque Motifs much anymore.