Friday, August 1, 2008

Glitter window cards

This week's Workshop Wow challenge was a repeat of the glitter window. The traditional glitter window is where you cut a hole in cardstock, cover it with packing tape and coat the sticky side with Dazzling Diamonds. Then you put a stamped image behind it.
The two cards I've shown here use a different glitter window. See my previous post here for a tutorial.
The card above started with a 3" Barely Banana circle (it's actually slightly smaller than 3") that I cut with the Coluzzle. Then I punched the five petal flower punch twice and covered the opening with clear packing tape. I stamped the flower image from Priceless using Barely Banana and Garden Green, punched that out with the 1 1/4" circle punch and added a Rose Red brad to the center. I put it in the center of the sticky opening and poured Rose Red fine cosmo glitter over it. The glitter covers all of the sticky part, and you just pour off the excess. (For some reason, I could see through the glitter on this one, but you can't tell once you adhere it to your card.)
I adhered the circle to a 3" square of Garden Green; I'm not sure if I've ever used that cardstock before! I used a 4 1/4" square Barely Banana card base, adhered a 4" square of Bali Breeze DSP, and attached the Garden Green square on the diagonal. I decided to stop there because I like how it looks just as it is.
This color combo as well as the one for the next card came from the SU Color Coach. I used the glitter colors as the starting point.

For the second card, I started with a 3" square of Barely Banana cardstock, punched the tab punch out twice to form the circle in the center, and covered the opening with packing tape. I stamped the same Priceless flower in Perfect Plum and Not Quite Navy and punched it out with the 1 1/4" circle punch. I adhered the circle in the center of the opening and poured on the Bashful Blue fine cosmo glitter. Again, I could see through the glitter, so I adhered the whole thing to a 3 1/4" square of Bashful Blue. The card base is Whisper White with a 4" X 5 1/4" piece of Pale Plum on top with the Priceless swirls stamped in Not Quite Navy and Perfect Plum.
Try these glitter windows. They are so fun!
The Stampin' Up! convention is in full swing; those lucky demos have the catalog and some new stamp sets to play with. If you want all of the scoop, there is a convention forum on SCS where all of the details are being shared. Three things that excited me: the edge of the catalog is scalloped; new Flower Fusion in Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette and Baja Breeze; and a new scallop square punch. There's also a curvy label punch and new oval punch that we already had sneak peeks for. All of these punches have coordinating stamp sets! I also heard that Shelli Gardner is starting her own blog as well as a line of products that she personally loves; those will debut in the Occasions Mini. The new catalogs start shipping today. I hope to have mine by next Friday.
Happy stamping!


1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Love these window cards! This is a great technique!! Thanks for sharing!