Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Shadow embossed butterflies

I made this card for this week's Workshop Wow challenge. We are in our last week of summer re-runs, and this week's re-run is shadow embossing. I wish you could see this card in person; it's hard to see the shadow part of it in the photo.
Here's what I did: I started by stamping the focal image in Close to Cocoa craft ink. Then I masked it off and stamped the butterflies all over the card in VersaMark. I embossed all of the images at once using clear EP. So the butterflies look like shadows, get it? The reason I masked the focal image is because I wanted to color it in, and I didn't want the butterfly images to get in the way of that. I used Ruby Red and Mellow Moss ink and a blender pen to color. I stamped the butterfly with Close to Cocoa craft ink on a scrap, embossed it with clear EP, colored it and attached it to the knot of the ribbon with Mono Multi.
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Dreams du Jour; Paper: Pink Pirouette; Ink: Versamark, Ruby Red, Mellow Moss, Close to Cocoa craft; Accessories: scallop border punch, Mellow Moss taffeta ribbon, clear EP, blender pen
You will find a link over to the right for the new Stampin' Up! catalog. I will warn you, though, that it's a PDF instead of the usual online catalog. That's because SU will be offering online ordering in the near future.
Happy stamping!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Great card Jana - love this technique!

Rhonda Langley said...

The butterflies are beautiful. Great card!