Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My first WICKED challenge card

As I posted on Monday, we had our first WICKED challenge on SCS. Here is the card I made for the color combo. The colors are So Saffron, Perfect Plum, Tangerine Tango, and Kiwi Kiss. This is definitely out of the box for me! I did the Emerging Color technique. I think it's really cool-looking. I dyed the vanilla taffeta ribbon by putting it into a sandwich bag with a few drops of Kiwi Kiss reinker and a little water. I smooshed it all around until the ribbon was totally colored, blotted on a paper towel and then dried it with my heat tool. (Be careful with the heat tool, the ribbon crinkles up very easily!)
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Refuge & Strength; Paper: Whisper White, So Saffron, Perfect Plum, Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss; Ink: VersaMark, Perfect Plum, So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss; Accessories: clear EP, brayer, ticket corner punch, heat tool, Styled Silver HPH
Gotta run and read my new catalog!!
Happy stamping!

No comments: