Monday, August 11, 2008

Another wicked card

Here is another card from the SCS WICKED challenge. This card uses Jan's sketch and her moonlighting technique. My focal image is a little larger than the one in the sketch, but I made it work. The color combo is So Saffron, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip and Perfect Plum.
For the moonlighting technique, stamp your image and color it in. Punch out a circle from a post-it note to mask off the moon. Sponge all over the image then color in the moon if desired. A great tip I read on SCS was to use the post-it note left over from punching out the circle for coloring the moon neatly.
I colored the ground Always Artichoke and the tree trunks Chocolate Chip then I sponged Perfect Plum and a little Chocolate Chip over the whole thing. I sponged some So Saffron onto the moon.
Instead of ribbon, I used a strip of Perfect Plum cardstock with a line of paper piercing.
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Sanded, Weathered; Paper: Very Vanilla, So Saffron, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Perfect Plum; Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Always Artichoke, Perfect Plum; Accessories: sponge, small oval punch, crafters tool kit, watercolor crayons, aquapainter, 1 1/4" circle punch

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Just beautiful Jana. Simply stunning!

Kathy W said...

OOOOOH, AHHHHHH! Great job with this technique.

Emily said...

This looks awesome Jana! You did great with the technique. I can't wait to try it.

Marilyn said...

Absolutely stunning card Jana - you really rocked this technique!!