Monday, September 24, 2007

What I've Learned From the Pros



Here's the card I came up with for my workshop on Thursday. I'm pretty happy with it! This card demonstrates something I've learned from the pros: It's the little details that take a card to the next level. On this card, I added a buckle to the ribbon instead of just a knot. I added a photo corner on the main image. I stamped the main image in Basic Brown on top of the VersaMark image to add emphasis. I added paper piercing to the photo corner and the upper right corner of the main image to tie into the dots on the patterned paper. If I wanted to take it up another level, I could add a background in the same color ink to the card base. I could add cardstock layers behind the 2 square images. I could use the ticket corner punch on the bottom layer of paper. You get the idea! Somethimes, it's just the little things!

For the main image, I stamped the image twice with VersaMark and sponged over it with Really Rust. Then I stamped the image again in Basic Brown. This layout is Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge # 20.

Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Stem Silhouettes; Paper: River Rock, Glossy White, Apple Cider designer paper; Ink: VersaMark, Basic Brown, Really Rust; Accessories: photo corner punch, crafters tool kit, Aged Copper Hodgepodge Hardware, Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbon, sponge

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card and you are right about the little things making the difference between a good card and a great card. Something I have been neglecting to do on my own cards lately. Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card and perfect for a workshop, I love it!