Sunday, September 9, 2007

Resistance is Futile!



Sorry, the Star Trek fan in me just couldn't resist that title! I made this card yesterday for one of the VSN challenges on SCS. VSN is Virtual Stamp Night. About every other month, they have VSN. There are challenges every hour on Friday night and most of the day Saturday. You have 45 minutes to make a card that meets the challenge requirements. This challenge was to use a resist technique. This card uses the double resist technique, which is actually 2 different resists (emboss resist and Versamark resist). First, I stamped the large leaf with Versamark, added gold embossing powder and heated. Then I stamped the other leaves in Versamark and brayered over everything with the Late November Spectrum pad. (Why oh why did SU retire this??? It's my favorite!) Both the embossed image and the Versamark images resist the ink. Helpful tip: If you use clear embossing powder, use a soft cloth to wipe off any excess ink from the embossed image. Second helpful tip: Make sure you emboss the first image before stamping the others. Otherwise, all of your images will be embossed! LOL

Supplies (all SU): Stamps: With Gratitude, Weathered; Paper: Glossy White, More Mustard, Perfect Plum; Ink: VersaMark, More Mustard, Not Quite Navy, Late November Spectrum; Accessories: Gold EP, spiral punch, brayer

3 comments:

Lorien Clark said...

WOW! What a stunning and elegant card.

Kathy W said...

Hey, I'm a star trek fan too! I like the accent on this card using the spiral punch. Thanks for sharing.

Curt Rogers said...

I just happened on your blog by clicking the "next blog" button and I'm really impressed with what I see. I'm not a stamper, but a good friend of mine over at www.propertyofkelly.blogspot.com is an artist and would love your craft. I've recommended you to her.

Mostly though, I just want to tell you that this card is beautiful. It just jumped out at me and I had to tell you how wonderful it is. Thanks for sharing!