Monday, September 10, 2007

Emerging Color



This is another card for work (meaning it's HUGE--5 1/2 X 8 1/2) for my friend, RuthAnn's birthday. For this card, I decided to try the Emerging Color technique; yes, it's another tutorial from SCS! For this technique, you start with white cardstock (Naturals White here). Cover the whole piece with small images in lighter colors of ink (I used guava, soft sky, and celery). Stamp a large image in Versamark and emboss with clear EP. Sponge entire piece with a darker color of ink. After you're done, wipe the embossed image(s) with a cloth or paper towel to remove the excess ink. Helpful tip # 1: I had to use a baby wipe to remove the burgundy ink. Even after wiping with a paper towel, the flowers had a pink tinge, but the baby wipe took care of it! Helpful tip # 2: When I say lighter colors of ink, I mean lighter! For this card, guava was almost too dark. I had to really work to cover the guava flowers. Helpful tip # 3: A sponge dauber works much better than a regular sponge.

Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Looks Like Spring, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Wonderful Words; Ink: Soft Sky, Groovy Guava, Certainly Celery, Bravo Burgundy, Versamark; Paper: Naturals White, Groovy Guava, Soft Sky; Accessories: Clear EP, ticket corner punch, Aged Copper Hodgepodge Hardware, Certainly Celery narrow grosgrain ribbon

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Very pretty card! I've been trying to practice this technique lately. I love versamark and clear embossing powder; so much that you can do with it! Thanks for sharing.