Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Faux Stenciling



I made this card for a demonstrator challenge on SCS. The technique is called faux stenciling. Personally, I would just call it stenciling! You just make your own stencil using punches and cardstock. But I didn't create the technique, just a card. LOL The top of the card is done in the faux stenciling; I made the stencil using 3 sizes of circle punches. (The spring bouquet punch would also be awesome for this technique.) I used Double Line Doodles for the scallop circle, and I colored in the images using ink and a blender pen. I omitted the heart from the larger stamp and popped up the flower in its place. I consider this to be a Debbie Olson-inspired card; let me know if you think so too! (And if you've never visited Debbie's blog, click on the link on the right. She's awesome!)

Now, I'm going to make Daniel's birthday card. I'll post it later this week along with pictures from his birthday celebration at his grandparents house. My only baby is 18 on Thursday! SOB!

Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Double Line Doodles; Paper: River Rock, Old Olive, Dashing DS paper; Ink: River Rock, Real Red, Old Olive, StazOn Black; Accessories: 1/4", 1/2" & 3/4" circle punches, word window punch, ticket corner punch, scallop circle punch, Real Red narrow grosgrain, blender pen, sponge daubers

No comments: