Sunday, September 16, 2007

Missing Jake and Almost 1000 Hits!



My nephew, Jake, just started college in New York City. It's hard to believe that he is so far away, but NYC is definitely the place for Jake! His favorite color is red, so I decided to use the Dashing designer paper that I just got last month. I got it for Christmas, but I think it's versatile enough for other uses. I cut one 4 X 5 1/4 piece of the paper. Then I cut it at 2" and flipped the top part over. I used the ticket corner punch on the 4 outside corners. I just love the little extra that adds to a card! A piece of red ribbon covers the seam where the 2 papers meet. I stamped the U in Real Red and then stamped the word "miss" in Old Olive craft ink so the color would stay true on the red.

Supplies (all SU): Stamps: All About U; Paper: River Rock, Old Olive, Dashing ds paper; Ink: Real Red, Old Olive craft; Accessories: Real Red narrow grosgrain ribbon, ticket corner punch.

As I write this, we are only 2 hits away from the 1000 mark. So check back tomorrow for a post about blog candy and see what you need to do to win!

No comments: