Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Lovely Watercolor



I made this card almost a year ago and found it in my stash. How could I forget this card? It's so pretty, if I do say so myself! This is the direct to stamp technique; I colored with the watercolor crayons directly onto the stamp, sprayed the stamp with water and then stamped it onto watercolor paper. Then I watercolored the hills with the crayons and aquapainter. The watercolor paper doesn't buckle at all, and it's precut to fit on a card front. I stamped the word "friend" onto a scrap of watercolor paper and then adhered it inside the metal frame. (I originally got this idea from a card on SCS, so don't think I was clever enough to come up with this myself!)

Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Lexicon of Love (retired); Paper: Watercolor paper, Really Rust; Ink: Close to Cocoa; Accessories: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Aged Copper Hodgepodge Hardware, olive wide organdy ribbon (retired)

No comments: